Do you always feel like your lipstick is running out on you? Want it to last a little while longer? Follow our stylist recommended steps below and see that lipstick last longer!
- To make sure your lipstick stays put on your pout, there should be no dead skin on your lips. Before applying your lipstick exfoliate your lips with a soft lip scrub and then start your lip make up routine.
- The next step to a lasting lip colour is applying a non oily balm on your lips before the lipstick. Any lip balm with a waxy consistency is preferred as an oily lip balm will make the colour slide right off.
- Next, apply a foundation or a concealer on your lips. Don’t overdo it but apply so much as to cancel the natural pink of your lips so that your lip color’s true hue comes through. This also gives it a little something extra to adhere to. If you have a deeper skin tone, this also helps enhance the lipstick’s true color.
- If you’re wearing a bold lip color, outlining the outer edge of your lip line with concealer will prevent your lipstick from bleeding. Outline your lips and then tap softly to blend to avoid harsh lines.
- Now line your lip with a lip pencil and also fill your lip with the same.he lip pencil is drier than lipstick and serves as a layer of color for the lipstick to grab onto.
- Begin applying your color selectively, instead of just swiping across the whole lip. This makes for even, controlled application.
- Fill in the rest of your lips.
- Take a tissue and separate it into two halves. Place one sheet on your lips and dust a translucent powder over your lips, through the tissue. This sets the colour without depositing an extra layer of powder.
- Now lastly apply, another coat of your lip colour on top of it. You and your lip colour are now ready to go the distance!
Watch the video below by our stylists to know how all this is actually done by the girl on the go!