There’s a time and a place for a bright, glossy lip—ideally when you’re not eating, drinking, or wandering too far from a mirror—but when you need staying power, it’s matte all the way. Its very hard to find a lipstick that gives a completely matte finish. Those that are matte in effect can be too drying, resulting in cracked lines on your lips. If you don’t want to spend a fortune on buying a matte lipstick, fret not! Here’s how you can mattify a glossy lipstick.
- Start by prepping your lips with a lip balm as this would make your lips soft and make the application of the lipstick effortless. Use a lip liner to line your lips. The lip liner can be a shade darker/lighter/similar to your lipstick shade.
- Apply the glossy lipstick of your choice.
- Once you are done applying the lipstick, take a tissue paper and put it between your lips. Press your lips against one another over the tissue paper. . Blot your lips with the tissue paper and reapply the color. Blot again with a clean tissue paper.This simple technique will not only help to blot out the excess color but also is a first step to mattify your lipstick.
- Next for the ultra-matte look, take a sponge applicator and dip it into the loose powder or compact, whatever is available. Pat off the excess powder from the applicator.
- Now, apply the powder evenly on your lips. Ensure that you cover the entire lip area.
- Set the powder with the same sponge or with a flat applicator brush.
- Press your lips against each other.
Voila! Your mattified lipstick is done!
Watch the quick tutorial video below to learn how to get this look in 2 minutes.