Got the most awaited date to go to, but worried because of a sudden pimple breakout? Worry not girl, you can just pull out your first aid box and use the simple crocin/aspirin to get rid of it in just a day. Although, be very careful when using this treatment, as the long-term affects of aspirin usage like this are not known. However, it is known that aspirin is a blood-thinner and using too many aspirins on your face (where your skin will absorb it into your bloodstream) can be bad for you.
Here is a step-by step guide on how to use this treatment:
1. Crush 1 tablet of crocin/aspirin:
The tablet needs to be fully crushed for this to work well. You can use 1 to 3 aspirins, but do not use anymore than that. Remember, just as you wouldn’t swallow a bunch of aspirin without asking a doctor, you don’t want to put a bunch of aspirin on your face without talking to a doctor as well.
2. Mix the crushed tablet with water:
Mixt 2 to 3 parts water to 1 part aspirin. You want to have a thick, somewhat gritty paste, which shouldn’t take more than a few drops of water.
3. Apply the paste on your pimple:
Make sure to use a clean spatula, or, if you prefer to use a finger, wash it thoroughly with soap and / or rubbing alcohol first to ensure that you don’t add new bacteria to your skin.
4. Keep the mix on for atleast 15 minutes:
Do not leave aspirin on your skin for longer than 15 minutes. Otherwise your skin will absorb a lot of aspirin into your bloodstream, where it will remain for awhile.
5. Use a clean, wet tissue to remove the mix off your skin.
You can use this time to clean as well as exfoliate your skin as well.
Few other helpful tips:
- The active ingredient in aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, is very similar to (though not the same as) salicylic acid, which is used in anti-acne treatments.
- Have patience with your skin problems. Although they may not disappear overnight, It usually gets worse before it gets better, so don’t give up!
- Never pop your pimples. This will only release some of the bacteria and the rest will stay under your skin and spread to other pores, thus creating more pimples!
- If there is irritation, limit the amount of times you put it on a day or stop using it. If the irritation continues, contact a doctor.
- Exfoliation is a great way of killing bacteria in the pimple so be sure to give this a try to!
- Wash your hands, before and after working with acne on your face. The bacteria can make zits get bigger and eventually makes more zits develop on your face!
- Uncoated aspirin is easier to crush.
- To dry out a pimple you can dab on some toothpaste and leave it overnight if you don’t have aspirin.
- Clean your face before applying the paste.
Watch the video below for detailed visual guide on how to make your zits disappear overnight.