In this heat we all tend to feel dehydrated and our lip suffer the brunt of it. As they get chapped, they often get covered in a layer of crusty, peeling, annoying dead skin that usually ends up getting bitten or tugged off-and that doesn’t do anybody any favors. This can be certainly avoided by using a simple lip scrub. You can go ahead and purchase one but is actually very easy to make at home.
It’s important not to use this too much-our lips are fragile after all-but it really does the trick getting rid of all that dead peeling skin and revealing the soft skin underneath. Follow up with an all-natural lip balm to get that moisture in there. So lets get going and make some up:
- A tablespoon of sugar
- A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together)
- Few drops of essential oil
- A small container and a spoon
- Few drops of lemon
- A lip balm
- In the bowl, mix the sugar with just enough honey to make the mixture stick together.
- In this mixture add a few drops of lemon and essential oil to it.
- Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
- Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth.
- Apply lip balm after use.
Again, don’t overuse this, but it is a great tool when it comes to dealing with chapped, peeling, lips. If you would rather avoid the sticky honey, you can substitute with olive oil or coconut oil.
Now go on and flaunt that lovely pout!
Watch the video below for detailed visual guide on how to make this lip scrub at home.